"Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad." — Proverbs 12:25
Quotes & Stories Index
From a right perspective
It all depends on the way you look at things.
One day a father and his rich family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose to show him how poor people can be. They spent a day and a night on the farm of a very poor family. When they got back from their trip the father asked his son, "How was the trip?"
"Very good, Dad!" "Did you see how poor people can be?" the father asked. "Yeah!" said the son. "And what did you learn?"
The son answered, "I saw that we have a dog at home, and they have four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of the garden. They have a creek that has no end. We have imported lamps in the garden. They have the stars. Our patio reaches to the front yard, they have a whole horizon."
When the little boy was finished, his father was speechless. His son added, "Thanks, Dad for showing me how poor we really are!"
J. B. Phillips
said of the first chapters of Acts
"This is the church of Jesus Christ before it became fat and out of breath by prosperity.
This is the church of Jesus Christ before it became muscle bound by over organization.
This is the church of Jesus Christ where they didn't gather together a group of
intellectuals to study phycho-sematic medicine, they just healed the sick.
This is the church of Jesus Christ where they did not say prayers,
but they prayed in the Holy Ghost." There's a vast difference.
By Kevin Rayner
A little boy was told by his doctor that he could save his sister's life by giving her some blood. The six-year-old girl was near death, a victim of disease from which the boy had made a marvelous recovery two years earlier. Her only chance for restoration was a blood transfusion from someone who had previously conquered the illness. Since the two children had the same rare blood type, the boy was the ideal donor.
"Johnny, would you like to give your blood for Mary?" the doctor asked.
The boy hesitated. His lower lip started to tremble. Then he smiled, and said, "Sure, Doc. I'll give my blood for my sister."
Soon the two children were wheeled into the operating room--Mary, pale and thin; Johnny, robust and the picture of health. Neither spoke, but when their eyes met, Johnny grinned.
As his blood siphoned into Mary's veins, one could almost see new life come into her tired body. The ordeal was almost over when Johnny's brave little voice broke the silence, "Say Doc, when do I die?"
It was only then that the doctor realized what the moment of hesitation, the trembling of the lip, had meant earlier. Little Johnny actually thought that in giving his blood to his sister he was giving up his life! And in that brief moment, he had made his great decision!
25 Great Christian One-Liners
- Give God what's right - not what's left.
- Man's way leads to a hopeless end - God's way leads to an endless hope.
- A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing.
- He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.
- In the sentence of life, the devil may be a comma - but never let him be the period.
- Don't put a question mark where God puts a period.
- Are you wrinkled with burden? Come to the church for a faith-lift.
- When praying, don't give God instructions - just report for duty.
- Don't wait for six strong men to take you to church.
- We don't change God's message - His message changes us.
- The church is prayer-conditioned.
- When God ordains, He sustains.
- WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning.
- Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.
- Most people want to serve God, but only in an advisory position.
- Suffering from truth decay? Brush up on your Bible.
- Exercise daily - walk with the Lord.
- Never give the devil a ride - he will always want to drive.
- Nothing else ruins the truth like stretching it.
- Compassion is difficult to give away because it keeps coming back.
- He who angers you controls you.
- Worry is the darkroom in which negatives can develop.
- Give Satan an inch and he'll be a ruler.
- Be ye fishers of men - you catch them and He'll clean them.
- God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.