Why The Old Time Gospel
The Lord Jesus Christ
The Gift of Salvation
Growing in Christ
|About The Old Time Gospel
Frequently Asked Questions
King James Bible
Thomas à Kempis
Quotes & Stories
|Our Daily Bread
Bible Book Facts
|Bible Land Photos
Other Bible Subjects
Great Web Sites
News of Interest
TOTG Site Map
Great Books and Messages
"Love to God is armor of proof against error. For want of hearts full of love, men have heads full of error; unholy opinions are for want of holy affections."
Great Christian Works
We are more than conquerors
through him that loved us.
"The enemy is behind us.
The enemy is in front of us.
The enemy is to the right
and the left of us.
They can't get away this time!"
General Douglas McArthur
"The Word of God well understood and religiously obeyed is the shortest route to spiritual perfection. And we must not select a few favorite passages to the exclusion of others. Nothing less than a whole Bible can make a whole Christian."
A. W. Tozer
Bible in a Year
"Brethren, we must preach
we must emphasize
we must go back to
I fear that the new generation does not know the doctrines
as our fathers knew them."
John A. Broadus
"In the Scriptures there is a portrait of God, but in Christ there is God himself. A coin bears the image of Caesar, but Caesar's son is his own lively resemblance. Christ is the living Bible."
Additional Subject Links
"My words are Spirit and Life, and not to be weighed by the understanding of man. They are not to be drawn forth for vain approbation, but to be heard in silence, and to be received with all humility and great affection."
Thomas à Kempis
Move Me with Your Message
Move me with your message once again
It's been so long since my heart burned within
Take me back once more to Calvary
And one more time your message will move me.
More Great Old Hymns
You can Link to
The Old Time Gospel
My Jesus, I Love Thee
"I'll love thee in life,
I will love thee in death;
And praise thee as long
as thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew
lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved thee,
My Jesus tis now."
by William R. Featherston
(Composed in 1862 at the age of 16)
The Old Book and the Old Faith
The old Book and the old faith
Are the Rock on which I stand!
The old Book and the old faith
Are the bulwark of the land!
Thro' storm and stress
they stand the test
In every clime and nation blessed;
The old Book and the old faith
Are the hope of every land!
Words & Music:
George H. Carr, 1914
"Delay is the love of God
taking counsel with wisdom."
A. B. Bruce
Send us your
"Not how much of my money
will I give to God,
but how much of God's money
will I keep for myself."
~ John Wesley ~
The School of Christ
By T. Austin Sparks
"We shall find, when we reach the end of life, that all which God has done, however dark and mysterious it may have appeared at the time, was so connected with our good as to make it a proper subject of praise and thanksgiving."
"Cowards never won heaven. Do not claim that you are begotten of God and have His royal blood running in your veins unless you can prove your lineage by this heroic spirit: to dare to be holy in spite of men and devils." William Gurnall
Add The Old Time Gospel
"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: " Psalm 103:2
"THE QUICKEST WAY
to slay error is to proclaim
the truth. The surest mode of extinguishing falsehood is to boldly advocate Scripture principles.
Scolding and protesting will not be so effectual in resisting the progress of error as the clear proclamation of the
truth in Jesus."
C. H. Spurgeon
A Tribute to our
Men and Women in Uniform.
"Remember that it is not hasty reading, but serious meditation on holy and heavenly truths, which makes them prove sweet and profitable to the soul.
It is not he who reads most, but he who meditates most, who will prove to be the choicest, sweetest, wisest, and strongest Christian."
Look for this icon
for great spirit filled
Old Time Classic
Sermons and Biographies
See the land of the Bible
"Whenever we insist
that God should give us
an answer to prayer
we are off track.
The purpose of prayer
is that we get ahold of God,
not of the answer."
~ Oswald Chambers ~
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth
will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His
glory and grace.
Read your morning
"According as his divine power
hath given unto us
all things that pertain
unto life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him
that hath called us
to glory and virtue:"
II Peter 1:3
Turn your attention upon yourself
and beware of judging the deeds
of other men, for in judging others
a man labors vainly, often makes mistakes, and easily sins;
Whereas, in judging and taking
stock of himself he does something
that is always profitable.
We frequently judge that things
are as we wish them to be,
for through personal feeling
true perspective is easily lost.
If God were the sole object of
our desire, we should not be
disturbed so easily by
opposition to our opinions.
~ Thomas À Kempis ~
Bit of Wisdom
"No matter where you go,
there you are!"
"In the place
where the tree falleth,
there it shall be."
Are you prepared
to share your faith?
Do you know what
The Old Time Gospel
Over 9,600 pages
of Christian material.
"The Lord gave the word:
great was the company of
those that published it."
A true revival means nothing
less than a revolution,
casting out the spirit
making God's love
triumph in the heart.
A Ministry dedicated to preserving the truth and accuracy of the infallible Word of God.
|Bible Helps: Biblical Symbols
Back to Helps Index
Biblical Symbols for Dreams
Original Source Unknown
- ACID - Bitter, offense, carrying a grudge, hatred, sarcasm.
- ALLIGATOR - Ancient, evil out of the past (through inherited or personal sin), danger, destruction, evil spirit.
- ALTAR - A symbol for sacrifice and for incense.
- ANCHOR - Representation of safety and hope.
- ARM - Represents God's power and strength.
- ARMOR - A symbol of warfare.
- ASHES - Memories, repentance, ruin, destruction.
- AUTOMOBILE - Life, person, ministry.
- AUTUMN - End, completion, change, repentance.
- AXE - Represents warfare and judgment.
- BABY - New beginning, new idea, dependent, helpless, innocent, sin.
- BALANCE(S) - Represents judgment.
- BARN - Symbol for blessings.
- BAT - Witchcraft, unstable, flighty, fear.
- BEARD - Represents old age and wisdom.
- BEAVER - Industrious, busy, diligent, clever, ingenious.
- BED - Rest, salvation, meditation, intimacy, peace, covenant (marriage, natural or evil), self-made.
- BICYCLE - Works, works of the flesh, legalism, self-righteousness, working out life's difficulties, messenger.
- BIRD - Symbol of spirits, good or evil, see the parable of Jesus on the birds.
- BLACK - Symbol of famine and death.
- BLOOD - Symbol for sacrifice and for life (life is in the blood).
- BLUE - Symbol of Heaven.
- BOW - Usually represents judgment.
- BREAD - Represents life.
- BRICK - Represents slavery and human effort.
- BRIDLE - Symbol of restraint, control.
- BROTHER-IN-LAW - Partiality or adversary, fellow minister, problem relationship, partner, oneself, natural brother-in-law.
- BROWN - Dead (as in plant life), repentant, born again, without spirit.
- BULL - Persecution, spiritual warfare, opposition, accusation, slander, threat, economic increase.
- BUTTERFLY - Freedom, flighty, fragile, temporary glory.
- CAMEL - Represents servanthood, bearing the burden of others.
- CANDLE - Symbol of light (Holy Spirit or the spirit of man).
- CANDLESTICK - Represents the Church.
- CAT - Self-willed, untrainable,predator, unclean spirit, bewitching charm, stealthy, sneaky, deception, self-pity, something precious in the context of a personal pet.
- CATERPILLAR - Represents judgment and destructive powers.
- CENSER - Symbol of intercession and worship
- CHAIN - Symbol of binding, oppression, punishment.
- CHICKEN - Fear, cowardliness; hen can be protection, gossip, motherhood; rooster can be boasting, bragging, proud; chick can be defenseless, innocent.
- CIRCLE - Symbol of eternity.
- CITY - Symbol of security, safety, permanency, (cities of refuge).
- CLOUD & FIERY PILLAR - Represents Divine presence, covering and guidance.
- COLT - Represents bearing burden of others or could be a portrayal of stubbornness.
- CORN (Oil and Wine) - Represents blessings of God.
- CROW (raven) - Confusion, outspoken, operating in envy or strife, hateful, direct path, unclean, God's minister of justice or provision.
- CUP - Symbol of life, health, or could represent death and evil.
- CYMBAL - Symbol of vibration, praise, worship.
- DEER - Graceful, swift, sure-footed, agile, timid.
- DESERT - Desolation, temptation, solitude.
- DOG - Unbelievers, religious hypocrites.
- DOOR - An opening, entrance.
- DOVE - Holy Spirit.
- DRAGON - Satan.
- DREAMING - A message within a message, aspiration, vision.
- DROWNING - Overcome,self-pity, depression, grief, sorrow, temptation, excessive debt.
- DRUGS - Influence, spell, sorcery, witchcraft, control, legalism, medicine, healing.
- EIGHT - New beginnings.
- EIGHT-EIGHT-EIGHT - The first resurrection saints.
- ELEPHANT - Invincible or thick-skinned, not easily offended, powerful, large.
- ELEVATOR - Changing position, going into the spirit realm, elevated, demoted.
- ELEVEN - Incompleteness, disorder.
- EYE(S) - Omniscience, knowledge, sight, insight, foresight.
- FACE - Character, countenance.
- FALLING - Unsupported, loss of support (financial, moral, public), trial, succumb, backsliding.
- FATHER - Authority, God, author, originator, source, inheritance, tradition, custom, Satan, natural father.
- FATHER-IN-LAW - Law, authoritative relationship based on law, legalism, problem authoritative relationship, natural father-in-law.
- FEATHERS - Covering, protection.
- FEET - Heart, walk, way, thoughts (meditation), offense, stubborn (unmovable), rebellion (kicking), sin.
- FIFTY - Symbol of liberty, freedom, Pentecost.
- FIG - Relates to Israel as a nation.
- FIG LEAVES - Self-atonement, self-made coverings.
- FINGER - Feeling, sensitivity, discernment, conviction, works, accusation (as in pointing a finger), instruction.
- FIRE - Presence of God, Holiness of God, purifying, testing.
- FIVE - God's grace to man, responsibility of man.
- FISH - Souls of men.
- FLIES - Evil spirits,filth of satan's kingdom. Beelzebub - "Lord of the flies."
- FLOOD - Judgment on sin and violence (The flood from Noah's time).
- FLOWER - Fading glory of man.
- FOREST - Symbol of nations.
- FORTRESS - protection, a stronghold.
- FORTY - Symbol of testing, trial, closing in victory or defeat (Israel in Wilderness and Jesus on the desert).
- FORTY-TWO - Israel's oppression, the Lord's advent to the earth.
- FORTY-FIVE - Preservation.
- FOUNTAIN - Source of life, refreshing.
- FOUR - Represents worldwide, universal (as in 4 corners of the earth).
- FOURTEEN - Passover, time of testing.
- FOX - Cunning, evil men.
- FRIEND - Self, the character or circumstance of one's friend reveals something about oneself; sometimes one friend represents another (look for the same name, initials, hair color); sometimes represents actual friend.
- FROG - Demons, unclean spirits.
- GARDEN - Growth and fertility.
- GATE - A way of entrance, power, authority.
- GOLD - Kingship, kingdom glory, God or gods.
- GRANDCHILD - Heir, oneself, inherited blessing or iniquity, one's spiritual legacy, actual grandchild.
- GRANDPARENT - past,spiritual inheritance (good or evil), actual grandparent.
- GRAPES - Fruit of the vine, cup of the Lord.
- GRASS - Frailty of the flesh.
- GRASSHOPPER - Destruction
- GREEN - Prosperity, growth, life.
- HAMMER - Word of God.
- HAND - Symbol of strength, power, action, possession.
- HARP - Praise, worship to God.
- HEAD - Authority, thoughts, mind.
- HEART - Emotions, motivation, desires.
- HELMET - Protection for thoughts, mind.
- HEN - One who gathers, protects.
- HILLS - Elevation, high, loftiness.
- HORN - Power, strength, defense.
- HORSE - Power, strength, conquest.
- HOUSE - Home, dwelling place, the Church.
- INCENSE - Prayer, intercessions and worship.
- JEWELS - People of God.
- KEY - Authority, power to bind or loose, lock or unlock.
- KISS - Agreement, covenant, enticement, betrayal, covenant breaker, deception, seduction, friend.
- KNEE - Reverence, humility.
- LADDER - Christ connecting Heaven and earth.
- LAMB - Humility, the Church, Christ.
- LEAD - Weight, wickedness, sin, burden, judgment, fool, foolishness.
- LEAF - Life amidst prosperity.
- LEGS - Man's walk, man's strength.
- LEOPARD - Swiftness, usually associated with vengeance.
- LILIES - Beauty, majesty.
- LION -Royalty and Kingship bravery, confidence.
- LIPS - Witness.
- MECHANIC - Minister,Christ, prophet, pastor, counselor.
- MICE - Devourer, curse, plague, timid.
- MILD - Foundational truth, nourishment.
- MIRROR - God's Word or one's heart, looking at oneself, looking back, memory, past, vanity.
- MISCARRIAGE - Abort, failure, loss, repentance, unjust judgment.
- MONEY - Power, provision, wealth, natural talents and skills, spiritual riches, power, authority, trust in human strength, covetousness.
- MONKEY - Foolishness, clinging, mischief, dishonesty, addiction.
- MOON - Symbol of light in darkness, sign of the Son of Man.
- MOTH - Symbol of destruction.
- MOTHER - Source, Church, love, kindness, spiritual or natural mother.
- MOTHER-IN-LAW - Legalism, meddler, trouble, natural mother-in-law.
- MOUNTAIN - Kingdoms, dignity, permanence.
- MOUTH - Witness, good or evil.
- NAIL - Security, establish.
- NECK - Force, loveliness, or inflexibility, meekness, rebellion.
- NEST - Home, place to dwell.
- NET - Symbol of a catcher as in the parables, catching men.
- NINE - Judgment, finality.
- NINETEEN - Barren, ashamed, repentant, selflessness, without self-righteousness; faith.
- NOSE - Breath, discernment.
- NUDITY - Uncovered or flesh, self-justification, self-righteousness, impure, ashamed, stubborn, temptation, lust, sexual control, exhibitionism, truth, honest, nature.
- OIL - Holy Spirit, anointing.
- ONE - God as a unity and as a source, new beginnings.
- ONE HUNDRED - Fullness, full measure, full recompense, full reward; God's election of grace, children of promise.
- ONE HUNDRED NINETEEN - The resurrection day; Lord's day.
- ONE HUNDRED TWENTY - End of all flesh, beginning of life in the Spirit; divine period of probation.
- ONE HUNDRED FORTY-FOUR - God's ultimate in creation.
- ONE HUNDRED FIFTY THREE - Revival, ingathering, final harvest of souls.
- ORANGE - Danger, great jeopardy, harm; a common color combination is orange and black, which usually signifies great evil or danger; bright or fire orange can be power, force, energy.
- ONE THOUSAND - Maturity, full stature, mature service, mature judgment; divine completeness and the glory of God.
- OVEN - Testing, or judgment.
- PALACE - heaven, royalty.
- PALM TREE - Victory, worship.
- PASTURE - Places of spiritual nourishment.
- PEARL - Spiritual truth.
- PEN/PENCIL - Tongue, indelible words, covenant, agreement, contract, vow, publish, record, permanent, unforgettable, gossip.
- PIG - Ignorance, hypocrisy, religious unbelievers, unclean people, selfish, gluttonous, vicious, vengeful.
- PILLAR - Strength, steadfastness, assistance.
- PINK - Flesh, sensual, immoral, moral (as in a heart of flesh); chaste, a female infant.
- PIT - Prison, oppression.
- PLUMBLINE - Standards of God, measuring of a life.
- PLOW - Breaking new ground.
- PREGNANCY - In process, sin or righteousness in process, desire, anticipation, expectancy.
- PUMPKIN - Witchcraft, deception, snare, witch, trick.
- PURPLE - Royalty, wealth, prosperity.
- RABBIT - Increase, fast growth, multiplication; hare can be satan or his evil spirits.
- RACCOON - Mischief, night raider, rascal, thief, bandit, deceitful.
- RAIN - Blessing, God's Word and revival.
- RAINBOW - Covenant.
- RAM - Sacrifice.
- RAVEN - Evil, satan.
- RED - Suffering, sacrifice or sin.
- RINGS - Revival, refreshing.
- RIVER - Revival, refreshing.
- ROACH - Infestation, unclean spirits, hidden sin.
- ROBE - Covering, royalty.
- ROCK - Christ our rock, stability.
- ROD - Rule, correction, guidance.
- ROOF - Covering, oversight.
- ROOT - Spiritual source, offspring.
- ROPE - Binding, bondage.
- ROSE - Christ and His Church.
- RUBIES - Value, worth, significance.
- SALT - Incorruptibility, preserve from corruption, covenant.
- SAND - Similar to seed, generations.
- SAPPHIRE - Beauty, value.
- SCORPION - Evil spirits, evil men; pinch of pain.
- SEA - Wicked nations.
- SERPENT - Satan and evil spirits.
- SEVEN - Completeness, perfection.
- SEVENTEEN - Spiritual order, incomplete, immature, undeveloped, childish, victory.
- SEVENTY - Number of increase, perfected ministry.
- SHEEP - Chant, the people of God, innocent.
- SHIELD - Sign of protection.
- SHOE - Sign of walking, protection for your walk.
- SHOULDER - Bearing the burden of another, authority, rulership.
- SISTER - Spiritual sister, Church, self, natural sister.
- SIX-SIX-SIX - Sign of the Mark of the Beast, Antichrist.
- SIXTEEN - Free-spirited, without boundaries, without law, without sin, salvation; love.
- SIXTY - Pride.
- SIXTY-SIX - Idol worship.
- SIX HUNDRED - Warfare.
- SKINS - Covering.
- SMOKE - Blinding power.
- SNOW - Spotlessness, radiance.
- SPARROW - Small value but precious.
- SPRING - New beginning, revival, fresh start, renewal, regeneration, salvation, refreshing.
- STARS - Israel, generations.
- STEPS - Signs of spiritual progress.
- STONE - Might, permanence.
- STORMS - Misfortune, difficulty, trials.
- SUMMER - Harvest, opportunity, trial, heat of affliction.
- SUN - Glory, brightness, light, Christ.
- SWORD - Scriptures, Christ.
- TEETH - Consuming power.
- TEN - Law and order.
- TENT - A temporary covering, not a permanent home.
- TIGER - Danger, powerful minister (both good and evil).
- TIN - Dross, waste, worthless, cheap, purification.
- THIRTEEN - Sign of rebellion, backsliding, apostasy.
- THIRTY - Maturity for ministry.
- THIRTY-TWO - Covenant.
- THIRTY-THREE - Promise.
- THIRTY-FOUR - Naming of a son.
- THIRTY-FIVE - Hope.
- THIRTY-SIX - Enemy.
- THIRTY-SEVEN - The Word of God.
- THIRTY-EIGHT - Slavery.
- THIRTY-NINE - Disease.
- THREE-HUNDRED - Faithful remnant (Gideon's army).
- TONGUE - Language, speech.
- TRAIN - Continuous, unceasing work, connected, fast, Church.
- TRAP - Snare, danger, trick.
- TREES - Nations, individuals, the Church.
- TUNNEL - Passage, transition, way of escape, troubling experience, trial, hope.
- TWELVE - Divine government, apostolic government.
- TWENTY-ONE - Exceeding sinfulness, of sin.
- TWENTY-FOUR - Symbol of Priesthood courses and order.
- TWENTY-TWO - Light.
- TWENTY-THREE - Death.
- TWENTY-FIVE - The forgiveness of sins.
- TWENTY-SIX - The gospel of Christ.
- TWENTY-SEVEN - Preaching of the Gospel.
- TWENTY-EITHT - Eternal life.
- TWENTY-NINE - Departure.
- TWO - Sign for witness, testimony, or unity.
- TWO HUNDRED - Insufficiency.
- VAN - Family (natural or Church), family ministry, fellowship.
- VINE - Symbol for Israel, Christ and His Church.
- VULTURE - Sign of uncleanness and devourer.
- WALL- Fortification, division, refuge.
- WATCH - Prophetic, intercession, being on guard.
- WATERS - Nations of earth; agitation, under-currents, cross-currents.
- WELL - Places of refreshment, source of water of life.
- WHEEL - Transport, a circle, speed, spiritual activity.
- WINTER - Barren, death, dormant, waiting, cold, unfriendly.
- WHIRLWIND - Hurricane, sweeping power, unable to resist.
- WIND - Breath of life, power of God.
- WINDOW - Blessings of Heaven, openness.
- WINE - Holy Spirit.
- WINE-SKIN - Spiritual structure.
- WINGS - Protection, spiritual transport.
- WOLF - Satan and evil, false ministries, and teachers.
- WOMAN - Church, virgin or harlot.
- WOOD - humanity.
- WRESTLING - Striving, deliverance, resistance, persistence, trial, tribulation, spirit attempting to gain control.
- YELLOW - Gift, marriage, family, honor, deceitful gift, timidity, fear, cowardliness.
- YOKE - Servitude, slavery, or fellowship.
- EAST - Beginning: Law (therefore blessed or cursed); birth; first Genesis 11:2; Job 38:24.
- FRONT - Future or Now: (As in FRONT YARD); In the presence of; prophecy; immediate; current. Genesis 6:11; Revelation 1:19.
- NORTH - Spiritual: Judgment; heaven; spiritual warfare (as in "taking your inheritance"). Proverbs 25:23; Jeremiah 1:13-14.
- LEFT - Spiritual: Weakness (of man), and therefore God's strength or ability; rejected. (Left Turn = spiritual change). Judges 3:20-21; 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
- SOUTH - Natural: Sin; world; temptation; trial; flesh; corruption; deception. Joshua 10:40; Job 37:9.
- RIGHT - Natural: Authority; power; the strength of man (flesh) or the power of God revealed through man; accepted. (Right Turn = natural change). Matthew 5:29a, 30a; 1 Peter 3:22.
- WEST - End: Grace; death; last; conformed. Exodus 10:19; Luke 12:54.
- BACK - Past: As in BACKYARD or BACKDOOR. Previous event or experience (good or evil); that which is behind (in time-for example, past sins or the sins of forefathers); unaware; unsuspecting; hidden; memory. Genesis 22:13; Joshua 8:4.
- BABY - New: Beginning; work; idea; the Church; sin; innocent; dependant; helpless; natural baby. 1 Corinthians 3:1; Isaiah 43:19.
- CARPENTER - Builder: Preacher; evangelist; laborer (good or evil); Christ. 2 Kings 22:6; Isaiah 41:7.
- DOCTOR - Healer: Christ; preacher; authority; medical doctor, when naturally interpreted. Mark 2:17; 2 Chronicles 16:12.
- DRUNK - Influenced: Under a spell (i.e., under the influence of the Holy Spirit or a demon's spirit); controlled;fool; stubborn; rebellious; witchcraft. Ephesians 5:18; Proverbs 14:16.
- EMPLOYER - Servants: pastor, Christ; satan; actual employer, when naturally interpreted. Colossians 3:22; 2 Peter 2:19.
- GIANT - Strongman: Stronghold, challenge; obstacle; trouble. Numbers 13:32-33.
- INDIAN - First: Flesh (as in "the old man")' firstborn; chief; fierce; savvy; native. Colossians 3:9; Genesis 49:3.
- POLICE - Authority: Natural (civil) or spiritual authority (pastors, etc.), good or evil; protection; angels or demons; an enforcer of a curse of the Law. Romans 13:1; Luke 12:11.
VEHICLES AND PARTS
- AIRPLANE - Person or work; The Church; ministry; oversight (Soaring=Moved by the Spirit). Habakkuk 1:8; Judges 13:25.
- JET - Ministry or Minister: Powerful; fast. (Passenger jet = Church; Fighter = Individual person). Genesis 41:43; 2 Kings 10:16.
- AUTOMOBILE - Life: Person; ministry (New car = New ministry or New way of life). Genesis 41:43; 2 Kings 10:16.
- AUTO WRECK - Strife: Contention; conflict, calamity; mistake or sin in ministry (as in "failure to maintain right-of-way"). Nahum 2:4. BICYCLE - Works: Works of the flesh (not of faith); self-righteousness; messenger. Galatians 5:4; Galatians 5:19.
- BOAT - Church or personal ministry: (Sailboat = moved by the Spirit; Powerboat = powerful or fast progress) Genesis 6:16; 1 Timothy 1:19. BRAKES - Stop: Hindrance; resist; wait. Acts 16:6-7; 2 Peter 2:14.
- HELICOPTOR - Ministry: Personal; individual; the Church; versatile; stationary (when unmoving). 2 Timothy 4:2; Romans 8:14.
- MOTORCYCLE - Individual: Personal ministry; independent; rebellion; selfish; pride; swift progress. 2 Peter 2:10; 1 Samuel 15:23.
- PICKUP TRUCK - Work: Personal ministry or natural work. 1 Chronicles 13:7; Galatians 6:5.
- REARVIEW MIRROR - Word: (Driving backward using the rearview mirror = operating by the letter of the Word instead of by God's Spirit); legalistic; looking back; 2 Corinthians 3:6; Genesis 19:26.
- RAFT - Adrift: Without direction; aimless; powerless. Ephesians 4:14.
- TRACTOR - Powerful work: Slow but powerful ministry. Acts 1:8; Acts 4:33.
- TRACTOR-TRAILOR - Large burden: Ministry; powerful and/or large work (truck size is often in proportion to the burden or size of the work).
- ANKLES - Faith: Weak ankles = weak faith; unsupported; undependable. Ezekiel 47:3.
- ARM - Strength or weakness: Savior; deliverer; helper; aid; reaching out. Isaiah 52:10; Psalm 136:12.
- BANK - Secure: Church; dependable; safe; saved; sure (as in "you can bank on it"); reserved in Heaven. Luke 19:23; Matthew 6:20.
- BINOCULARS - Insight: Understanding; prophetic vision; future event. John 16:13; 2 Corinthians 3:13, 16.
- BLEEDING - Wounded: Hurt, naturally or emotionally; dying spiritually; offended; gossip; unclean. Psalm 147:3; Proverbs 18:8.
- BLOOD TRANSFUSION - Change: Regeneration; salvation; deliverance. Titus 3:5; Romans 12:2.
- BRIDGE- Faith: Trial; way; joined. Genesis 32:22; 1 Corinthians 10:13.
- BUTTER - Works: Doing (or not doing) the Word or will of God; deceptive motives; words; smooth. Psalm 55:21; Proverbs 30:33.
- CALENDAR - Time: Date: event; appointment. Hosea 6:11.
- CARDS - Facts: Honesty (as in "putting all your cards on the table"); truth; expose or reveal; dishonest; cheat; deceitful. Romans 12:17.
- CARNIVAL - Worldly: Exhibitionism; divination; competition. Acts 16:16; Luke 21:34. CHAIR - Position: Seat of authority; rest. Esther 3:1; Revelations 13:2.
- CHECK - Faith: The currency of the Kingdom of God; provision; trust. Hebrews 11:1; Mark 4:40.
- CHOKING - Hinder: Stumbling over something (as in "that's too much to swallow"); hatred or anger (as in "I could choke him!") Mark 4:19.
- CHRISTMAS- Gift: Season of rejoicing; spiritual gifts; a surprise; good will. Luke 11:13; 1 Corinthians 14:1.
- CLOSET - Private: Personal, prayer; secret sin; hidden. Matthew 6:6; Luke 8:17.
- COFFEE - Bitter or Stimulant: Repentance; reaping what one has sown; desire for revenge (bitter envying). Number 9:11; Job 13:26.
- DITCH - Habit: Religious tradition; addition; lust; passion. Matthew 15:14; Psalm 7:15.
- DOMINOES - Continuous: Chain reaction. Leviticus 26:37.
- EARTHQUAKE- Upheaval: change (by crisis), repentance; trial; God's judgment; disaster; trauma. Acts 16:26; Isaiah 29:6.
- ECHO- Repetition: Gossip, accusation; voice of many; mocking. Luke 23:21.
- EGG - Idea: new thought; plan; promise; potential. Luke 11:12; 1 Timothy 4:15.
- FENCE - Barrier: Boundaries; obstacles; religious traditions; doctrines; inhibitions. Genesis 11:6; Jeremiah 15:20.
- GARBAGE (DUMP) - Rejected: Hell; evil; vile; corruption. Mark 9:47-48; 1 Corinthians 9:27.
- MOWED GRASS - Chastisement: Sickness; financial need or distress; emotional and mental depression or anguish. Amos 7:1-2; 1 Corinthians 11:30-32.
- GRAVEYARD - Hidden: Past; curse; evil inheritance; hypocrisy; demon. Matthew 23:27; Luke 11:44.
- GRAVEL PIT - Source: The Word of God; abundant supply. Deuteronomy 8:9; 2 Timothy 2:15.
- MUDDY ROAD - Flesh: Man's way; lust; passion; temptation; difficulty caused by the weakness of the flesh. Psalm 69:2; Isaiah 57:20.
- IRONING - Correction: Change; sanctification; exhorting; teaching righteousness; God's discipline; pressure (from trials). Ephesians 5:27.
- LADDER - Ascend or descend: Escape; enable; way; steps. Genesis 28:12-13; John 3:13.
- LIPS - Words: Seduction; speech. Proverbs 7:21; Proverbs 10:19.
- MAP - Directions: Word of God; correction; advice. Proverbs 6:23.
- MICROPHONE - Voice: Authority; ministry; influence. Matthew 10:27.
- MIRROR - Word or one's heart: God's Word; looking back; memory, past; vanity; Moses' Law. 1 Corinthians 13:12; Proverbs 27:19.
- NEWSPAPER- Announcement: Important event; public exposure; news; gossip. Luke 8:17.
- OVEN - Heart: heat of passion; imagination; meditation; judgment. Hosea 7:6; Psalm 21:9.
- PAINT BRUSH - Covering: (house painter's brush: regeneration: remodel, renovate; love. Artist's Paint Brush: Illustrative; eloquent; humorous; articulate.) 1 Peter 4:8; Titus 3:5.
- PARACHUTING- Leave: Bail out; escape; flee; saved. 2 Corinthians 6:17.
- PERFUME - Seduction: Enticement; temptation; persuasion; deception. Proverbs 7:7, 10, 13; Ecclesiastes 10:1.
- PIE - Whole: Business endeavors; part of the action. Luke 12:13.
- PLAY - Worship: Idolatry; covetousness; true worship; spiritual warfare; strife; competition. Colossians 3:5; 1 Corinthians 9:24.
- POSTAGE STAMP - Seal: Authority; authorizations; small or seemingly insignificant, but powerful. Esther 8:8; John 6:27.
- POT/PAN/BOWL - Vessel: Doctrine; traditions; a determination or resolve; form of the truth; a person. Romans 2:20; Jeremiah 1:13.
- RADIO - Unchangeable: Unbelief; unrelenting; contentious; unceasing; tradition. Proverbs 27:15.
- RAILROAD TRACK - Tradition: Unchanging; habit; stubborn; gospel. Mark 7:9, 13; Colossians 2:8.
- RAPE - Violation: Abuse of authority; hate; desire for revenge; murder. 2 Samuel 13:12, 14-15; Deuteronomy 22:25-26.
- REFRIGERATOR - Heart: Motive; attitude; stored in heart; harbor. Matthew 12:35; Mark 7:21-22.
- ROCKING CHAIR - Old: Past, memories; medication; retirement; rest. Jeremiah 6:16.
- ROLLER COASTER - Unstable: emotional instability; unfaithfulness; wavering; manic-depressive; depression; trials; excitement. Isaiah 40:4; James 1:6-8.
- ROLLER SKATES- Speed: Fast; swift advancement or progress. Romans 9:28.
- ROUND (shape) - Spiritual: (A round face, ring, building, etc.) Grace; mercy; compassion; forgiveness. Leviticus 19:27.
- SEA COAST - Boundary: Flesh (which contains and limits the spirit of man); limitations; weights. Jeremiah 5:22; Jeremiah 47:6-7.
- SHOVEL - Tongue: Prayer; confession; slander; dig; search; inquire. 2 Kings 3:16-17; Deuteronomy 23:13.
Back to Top
|© 1999 The Old Time Gospel Ministry
"When to seek God has become life and to glorify God has become self, then you have truly found God."